YOU ARE NOT ALONE
“If you think you can’t fall into sexual sin, then you’re godlier than David, stronger than Samson, and wiser than Solomon.” - Bill Perkins
At Doug White and Associates, we understand that as a pastor, you fight the same battles as your congregation. You are not immune to behaviors leading to sexual bondage, but also you are not alone in your struggle. We are sensitive to the pressures you endure and responsibilities you carry while leading a church. As a shepherd, you deserve access to the best, safest care possible so that, in turn, you can lead your family and your church with strength and integrity. The professional counselors at Doug White and Associates are ready and eager to help. Sex and pornography addiction thrives in secrecy. Answering the call to the pastorate thrusts you into the public eye which can amplify negative core beliefs related to seeking help with pornography addiction. We are intentionally trained to help you conquer sex and porn addiction and do so from a Biblical worldview.
CHURCH LEADERSHIP AND PORNOGRAPHY
Statistics derived from: Covenant Eyes. 2018. Porn Stats: 250+ facts, quotes, and statistics about pornography use (2018 Edition).
According to a survey by the Barna Group in 2016:
- One out of 5 youth pastors and 1 of 7 senior pastors use porn on a regular basis and are currently struggling. That’s more than 50,000 U.S. church leaders.
- 43% of senior pastors and youth pastors say they have struggled with pornography in the past.
- Only 7% of pastors report their church has a ministry program for those struggling with porn.
In August 2000, Christianity Today conducted an exclusive survey of its readership—both laity and clergy—on the issue of Internet pornography:
- In August 1999, 11% of the calls received on Focus on the Family’s Pastoral Care Line were about pastors and online porn. One year later, in August 2000, online porn worries prompted 20% of the calls.
- 33% of clergy say they have visited a sexually explicit website.
- Of those who have visited sexually explicit websites, 53% say they have visited the sites a few times in the past year; 18% of clergy said they visited explicit websites between “a couple of times a month” and “more than once a week.”
- Among the clergy who use Internet porn, 30% do not talk to anyone about their behavior.
In 2000, a survey of 564 pastors showed:
- 51% of pastors said Internet pornography is a possible temptation.
- 43% of pastors said they had ever visited a pornographic site, 21% doing so “a few times a year” and 6% “a couple times a month or more.”
- 37% of pastors said viewing pornography was a “current struggle.”
- 75% of pastors said they do not make themselves accountable to anyone for their Internet use.
Pastors, Doug White and Associates values you and stands ready, willing and able to walk with you through your personal war against sin and flesh. We can help you master overcoming temptation and discover how God uniquely equipped you for this battle. It would be our honor to serve those called to lead God’s people at such a time as this. To learn more about sex/porn addiction click here.